Ruffin-Johnson's Phenoms

Enter to Learn…Go Forth to Serve

Juniors Class of 2019

August9

Greetings, Phenoms!

Welcome to your Junior year of high school. I want to know some of your expectations of me so that we can make this year your best ever.

Answer each questions in its entirety. Each answer must be answered thoroughly and completely. Your responses must be at least five sentences in length.

1. What are your expectations of me as your English teacher?
  2. What are some concepts/skills that you have never grasped and want to before you leave SEHS?
  3. What can I expect from you?
by posted under Uncategorized | 64 Comments »    
64 Comments to

“Juniors Class of 2019”

1. August 10th, 2017 at 7:51 PM       hailitindall Says:

My expectations for you as my English teacher are to help me obtain the knowledge I need and to prepare me for ACTs and SATs. I also expect to be prepared for my career and college. I expect for you to be patient, so that I am not behind everyone in the class and we are all at an equal pace. My last expectation is for your course to push me and help me to where i need to be in your course.

Concepts and skills that I want to better myself at before graduating are grammar, spelling, and writing. I feel if I can grasp more onto those three things i will be prepared for college and my career.

What you can expect from me is dedication and hard work. I’m always wiling to learn and always trying my best.

2. August 10th, 2017 at 8:13 PM       McKenzie Bowen Says:

1. My expectations for you as an English teacher are to help prepare me for college. Because I had you as a teacher last year, I am familiar with your teaching style. I expect to learn even more new skills from you this school year. I also expect to be challenged similar to how I was last year. I hope to excel in your class and I look forward to our school year together.
    2. Before I leave SEHS, I would like to learn skills that can be used in the real world. I would also like to expand my vocabulary to help me write a better essay.
    3. You can expect me to be a respectful student. I follow instructions the first time they are given. I follow all rules and pick up after myself. I never talk back in a condescending manner. I will always show respect to someone who respects me.

3. August 10th, 2017 at 8:21 PM       Ja'Kiya Moore Says:

1. My expectations of you as my english teacher is to further my english skills. I want you to help make me be a better writer. I also would like for you to treat everyone equally. I expect you to help prepare me for ACT and college. Last, I want to leave your class with an extended vocabulary.
    2. Some concepts and skills that I have never grasped are knowing when to use who or whom. I also don’t really understand poetry.
    3. This school year, you can expect me to be a will behaved student. I will never disrespect you. When I don’t understand, I will ask questions. I will also be a good listener. Finally, I will always be prepared for your class.

4. August 10th, 2017 at 8:46 PM       Derrick Butler Jr Says:

1. My expectations of my English teacher is to push my past my comfort zone. I expect her to help me better my reading and language skills. Also I expect her to be fair but able to help other who are find a subject more difficult. Don’t give anyone the easy way , but help them were it’s needed. I expect my teacher to prepare me for act , and college. I expect a cool laid back teacher but all about her business when it’s time. Lastly I expect my teacher to be be a school and do her job consistently.
    2. I don’t understand MLA Format and essay writing that well.
    3. From me you can expect many different things. I am a hard worker when it comes to my education. Sometimes I tend to procrastinate until the day before to do things, but that’s something I could fix. I will come to class everyday with a clear mind ready to learn. I will respect you at all times without a doubt. My parents stay on me about my grades, so I will constantly ask things concerning them. all in all, I’m an all around good kid and expecting a great year in your class.

5. August 10th, 2017 at 9:05 PM       cade woodruff Says:

1.) I expect you (Mrs.RJ) to be a teacher who cares about your students. To be a teacher who wants to further your students. I expect you to be a teacher that I won’t forget. I expect you to work with your students in order to help them to succeed. Lastly, I expect you to be amazing. 2.) I’m not sure what to put for this question. There isn’t really anything that I can think of that I don’t understand 3.) You can expect me to follow your rules to the best of my ability. You can expect me to be respectful to you as well as my classmates. You can also expect me to be a little lazy. To turn in work completed and on time. And to improve my grammar and English throughout the year.

6. August 10th, 2017 at 9:55 PM       Kyle Mcmanis Says:

My expectations for you as my English teacher is for you to treat everyone equal, and you to teach and prepare us for the ACT. Most of my teachers last year didn’t really prepare anyone for the ACT. The teachers just skipped around all of the different lessons. I expect you to treat everyone equal. I know you will because you did it last year, but I expect a fun year this year in your class.

Some skills that I have not really understood that I would like to understand is learning how to write an essay. Writing an essay has been hard on me the last couple of years. Nobody has really taught me how to write one. I’d really like to know how to write one before I leave Stanhope Elmore.

You can expect me to be a good student, and to be at school everyday. I don’t talk much in class, and I do my work. I will be at school everyday unless something serious comes up to where I can’t show up, but you can expect me to be a good student and come everyday.

7. August 10th, 2017 at 10:21 PM       Tyra Brown Says:

1.) My expectations of you as a teacher is to get me prepared for my senior year, college and the ACT, English wise. Also, I expect for to help me to fully understand some things in English that I never understood in the past. And also, to get me to where i need to be mentally before my Senior year.
    2.) Some concepts and skills that I don’t fully understand is how to properly cite in an essay. I know how to cite but on my essay last year I got alot of points taken off because I didn’t cite some things correctly.
    3.) From me, you can expect a hard-working student who is all about their work this year!

8. August 10th, 2017 at 10:40 PM       Austin LaChance Says:

1. My expectations for you as a teacher is for you to teach thoroughly through each thing and to teach it to where everyone can understand it. I would really like you to give oral explanations and to write them out if possible. I also don’t want there to be a lot of interruptions in the classroom with bad kids. I would also like it if you could do some one on one work with me. It really helps me when teachers do that.

2. A lot of things that I have trouble with are the forms of literature and the types of literary devices. I have also had trouble comprehending what I read.

3. The things that you can expect from me is that I am an honest person. I will do my work completely and the right way. They will meet the requirements. I do write in cursive so if you have any questions just ask me. I am also a quiet and nice person.

9. August 10th, 2017 at 10:50 PM       Haley Watson Says:

1. I expect to learn more about how to better my reading skills, and how to expand my vocabulary. I also expect to be ready and prepared for my ACT and SAT when I take them. This is my first time taking English advanced so I hope I will learn new and more advanced things. I expect to learn how to use context clues. I also want to better my summarizing skills. 2. I want to be able to summarize a whole book with just about two or more paragraphs. I hope to better my reading skills. Also to be able to use more advanced words while talking or typing. 3. You can expect from me to be a good listener and note taker. I will try my best to succeed in your class.

10. August 10th, 2017 at 10:55 PM       Madelynn Cantrell Says:

1. My expectations for you as my English teacher is for you to prepare me for college and a better ACT score. Also, to encourage me to achieve my goals.
    2. Some skills that I have never grasped on to were writing essays without a very detailed prompt. The ACT essay is also very confusing to me. I’m not the best at poetry. I hardly ever understand what it really means.
    3. You can expect me to be hard working and turn my work in on time. You will have my full attention while you’re teaching (only because you make it interesting unlike most). I’m respectful too.

11. August 10th, 2017 at 11:26 PM       Madison nichols Says:

1. My expectations of you as my English teacher is that you are smart and like to teach and help each student. Some students get behind and are not quick learners like others. I expect you to help each student as much as you can and also pace the class to where we have enough time to cover a lot of content this school year.

2. Some concepts and skills that I have never understood that I would like to grasp before leaving Stanhope would be how to properly write a college level essay.

3. You can expect me to be willing to learn and be respectful. I love English, and I love to write as well. I’m always open to learning new things and reviewing old things.

12. August 11th, 2017 at 12:07 AM       Victoria Rush Says:

1. My expectations of you as a teacher is to be interactive. It is to be very detailed when teaching. Hopefully you don’t lecture when teaching. I expect you to have a great attitude towards teaching and activities. I also expect you to always be prepared

2. I’ve never understood how to write a chicken foot or attention grabber. I’ve never understood how to describe things in great detail. I’ve also never understood how to summarize good.

3. You can expect me to always do my work. You can expect me to be on time. You can expect me to be dedicated. You can also expect me to be trust worthy. Lastly you can expect me to always be ready to learn

13. August 11th, 2017 at 11:49 AM       William Nicholson Says:

1. My expectations of you as a teacher is to be the same as last year. To teach as well and help me as much as last year. I expect this to be a good year between us both because last year was fun!

2. One concept I can not seem to grasp is being able to write a really good essay.

3. From me this last year, you can expect me to make good grades. You can also expect me to behave and be respectful. I am looking forward to this year as a whole. Last year was fun and enjoyable. Hopefully this year will be the exact Same!

14. August 11th, 2017 at 11:55 AM       Tykeria Rudolph Says:

1. My expectations of you as my English teacher are to just do your job, do what you were hired to do, to care for us like you would care for your kids.

2. Concepts that I have never grasped was English. I understand it to some levels, however. Also, I need help with writing essays. I never have been good at writing.

3. What you expect me to do this year is my work, what I need to do, pay attention in class, ask many questions and do what I am told to do.

Skip to toolbar